Ok, so you are new to the world of Snowboarding. Or maybe you have tried it out a few times and you’ve finally decided that this is definitely for you. That’s cool, but now you realize that you don’t have any equipment or materials to call your own!
Snowboarding can be one of the most thrilling experiences of your life, but it doesn’t come cheap. For those of us who like to hang on tightly to our wallets (if you’re reading this, we are going to assume that includes you), snowboarding equipment can seem to be pretty costly.
Nonetheless, there is always the option to rent the board and accessories that you need. This choice will work for anyone who will only be snowboarding on occasion. On the contrary, if you are sure that you will be snowboarding more than twice a month, then you will most certainly need to purchase the equipment that you need.
This is where the issue comes in- how and where are you going to find a good, stylish board at a price that will leave you room to grab that designer jacket you’ve been eyeing? Luckily, being able to buy a cheap snowboard is not as rare as you think.
By researching your options and comparing prices, you may be able to save a lot of money while still getting what you need. (Please note that you will need boots and bindings before you can truly snowboard). I have listed a few ways here:
Shopping for Your Snowboard
1) Used boards– Used snowboards are actually not that bad. Many people sell their older models as they upgrade to newer ones. The variety and fashion of a used board may be limited depending upon where you live. Look in your local newspapers, ski resorts (if you reside near any), and even on an online electronic paper, like the AJC in Georgia. You may be shocked in your findings.
2) eBay– I’m sure that you have heard of one of this popular website. There are several similar sites out there as well. Google the term, ‘sites similar to eBay’ and lots of them will pop up. If you would rather place your bid in person, check out a local auction in your area.
3) Craigslist– Who could forget about good ol’ Craigslist? This site is designed for people who would like to sell their old or used items which they no longer want or need. I call it the ‘garage sale’ website. If you search locally, you can usually meet with the seller to investigate any product before actually buying it.
4) Advertised Discounts– Nothing new to the world of buying-and-selling, advertisements are the main source of revenue for many companies. These showcased deals are perfect to lure potential buyers such as yourselves into the many stores displaying snowboards and accessories. However, if you don’t pay attention or if you rush the experience, you may end up paying or taking home more than what you bargained for.
5) The World Wide Web– The internet offers an array of sites hosting complete lines of snowboarding materials with extraordinary prices, surpassing that of the rates you would see at a regional store. Why is because the internet’s market is broader in selections. Amazon.com is one of my personal favorites.
Buying a Board Online
When buying anything online, you must consider a few things in order to make sure that your online transactions are all safe. This includes ensuring that your internet connection is protected and that the website you want to buy from is real.
Simply check to see if the site is secure by looking for the security features located on the bottom right-hand side of your browser. The security feature generally is in the form of a tiny padlock.
Whichever website you choose to purchase your snowboard from will surely include various boards in a wide array of colors and designers, so take your time in selecting a board that exudes your own personal style.
In conclusion, no matter what form of shopping you choose, you must take the time to research your options. This will allow you to pick and purchase the snowboard that you really want for a price that does not empty your wallet. By following my advice, not only will you save money… but you will be able to scope that mountain in style!